Privacy Notive (Updated on November 24, 2021)
This Privacy Notice describes how we collect and use your personal information in relation to ULimitByte websites, applications, products, services, events, and experiences that reference this Privacy Notice.
Collection of Your Personal Information
We collect your personal information in the course of providing DedupFS File System Service (in short, “DedupFS Service”) to you.
Here are the types of information we gather:
- Information You Give Us: We collect the minimal necessary information from you to provide the DedupFS Service, such like your name, email address, the geography region that stores your data, etc.
- Automatic Information: We automatically collect certain types of information when you interact with DedupFS Service, such like your login/logout time, sign-up time, DedupFS Service metering information, etc.
- Information from Other Sources: We might collect information about you from other sources, including service providers, partners, and publicly available sources.
Use of Your Personal Information
We use your personal information to operate, provide, and improve DedupFS Service. Our purposes for using personal information include:
- Provide DedupFS Service: We use your personal information to provide and deliver DedupFS Service and process transactions related to DedupFS Service, including registrations, subscriptions, purchases, and payments.
- Measure, Support, and Improve DedupFS Service: We use your personal information to measure use of, analyze performance of, fix errors in, provide support for, improve, and develop DedupFS Service.
- Recommendations and Personalization: We use your personal information to recommend DedupFS Service that might be of interest to you, identify your preferences, and personalize your experience with DedupFS Service.
- Communicate with You: We use your personal information to communicate with you in relation to DedupFS Service via different channels (e.g., by phone, email, chat) and to respond to your requests.
- Marketing: We use your personal information to market and promote DedupFS Service. We might display interest-based ads for DedupFS Service.
- Purposes for Which We Seek Your Consent: We may also ask for your consent to use your personal information for a specific purpose that we communicate to you.
Disclosure of Your Personal Information
Your information will NOT be disclosed to other purposes or third party organizations.
How We Secure Information
At ULimitByte, security is our highest priority. We design our systems with your security and privacy in mind.
- Your personal information is stored in the secure database. Some sensitive information such like your password, recovery method is one direction encrypted before storing into our database.
- We protect the security of your information during transmission to or from our secure database.
- We maintain frequently backup procedure for your personal information to ensure no data loss or data damage may happen.
Accurancy and Updates of Your Personal Information
You can view, update, and delete certain information about your account and your interactions with DedupFS Service, such like change your password, subscribe/unsubscribe the product updates, terminate your account, etc. If you cannot access or update your information yourself, you can always contact us for assistance.
You are responsible to provide the correct information and keep it updated.
Please Note that we will not check the validation or correctness of your provided information. If you provide fake or outdated information and cannot receive our license or product updates, and/or encounter any direct or indirect damages to your business or our business, you must take 100% responsibility for that.
Retention of Personal Information
We keep your personal information to enable your continued use of DedupFS Service, for as long as it is required in order to fulfill the relevant purposes described in this Privacy Notice, as may be required by law (including for tax and accounting purposes), or as otherwise communicated to you. How long we retain specific personal information varies depending on the purpose for its use, and we will delete your personal information in accordance with applicable law.
Changes to this Privacy Statement
Our business changes constantly, and our Privacy Notice may also change. You should check our website frequently to see recent changes. You can see the date on which the latest version of this Privacy Notice was posted. Unless stated otherwise, our current Privacy Notice applies to all personal information we have about you and your account. We stand behind the promises we make, however, and will never materially change our policies and practices to make them less protective of personal information collected in the past without informing affected customers and giving them a choice.